The North American Montessori Teachers’ Association (NAMTA) brings together schools, teachers, and parents interested in Montessori education. NAMTA offers:
• Parent-friendly media describing Montessori practice from birth to adulthood.
• Theme-based conferences that bring together Montessori trainers with experts on topics ranging from emotional development to math and social justice.
• Conference proceedings in current and back issues of The NAMTA Journal.
• Job listings connecting available teachers with schools and schools with potential hires.
• A database of 20,000 citations of Montessori articles from 1909 to the present.
• Montessori studies devoted to teachers who want to learn more about adolescent Montessori environments.
• Whole-School Management professional development and publications for administrators.
NAMTA strives to provide practical services that benefit teachers and administrators in their everyday activities. NAMTA also helps parents to better understand Montessori concepts and to extend the Montessori environment into their homes.